Thursday 20 February 2014

PICKING UP THE PACE

The close up section of Leith's neck fresh from the mould.
For additional photos visit the PRODUCTION folder.
This past week was perhaps the most productive so far onBROKEN. 5 shots were completed and the close up portion of Leith's neck was sculpted, moulded and cast in liquid latex. One of the great advantages of guerilla film making today is the ability to assemble your edit as each shot is completed. I have been making films in one form or another since 1978 and this is the first time I have been able to work in this fashion and it has proven to be very enlightening. As filming has progressed I have subtly restructured the storyboards and eliminated several unnecessary shots. Of course, I have also added new shots so it all evens out in the end but I believe these changes have sharpened the film's focus and increased its intensity. As each new shot is added I can't help but get a little excited about how the film is starting to come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment