Sunday 10 November 2013

COUNTING DOWN


The finishing touches have been applied to the Leith puppet. The set is ready. The lighting is locked. The camera is clean. The animation program is loaded and running smoothly. I first conceived of the story for Broken on November 19, 2012. It's taken a year to reach this point. My hope is that by next year at this time I will have completed the animation. This first set is scheduled for 45 shots which I believe will take 2 months to animate. How long it takes to complete this film will be determined more by the down time between sets than by the actual animation.
Because the first set determines the look and tone of the overall film it often takes the longest to build and light. My limited work space doesn't allow me to have multiple sets on the go so I am hoping I will be able to keep the transition time between sets down to 6 weeks. All that is in the future. It's time to set up the first shot and start animating.

No comments:

Post a Comment